New names include Adam Thielen, Rodney Harrison, Michael Finley and more
UNCASVILLE, CT (June 18, 2018) – “The State Farm Showdown,” hosted by Aaron Rodgers and Chris Paul and presented by Turner Sports and CAA Sports, has added more celebrity athletes to the list of current and past NFL and NBA icons pitting against each other for the first-of-its-kind charity golf tournament set to take place at Mohegan Sun Golf Club June 27th & 28th.
An up-to-date confirmed list of players:
- Ray Allen: Former UConn legend and top three-point shooter in NBA history whose career spanned the Milwaukee Bucks, Boston Celtics and Miami Heat. Allen has two NBA championship rings (2008 & 2013)
- Larry Fitzgerald: Longtime Arizona Cardinals receiver, named to 11 Pro Bowls since being drafted third overall in the 2004 NFL Draft out of Pittsburgh. Caught two touchdown passes in Super Bowl XLIII
- Patrick Peterson: A teammate of Fitzgerald on the Cardinals, one of the NFL’s top cover corners. Named to the Pro Bowl in each of his first seven seasons since entering the league as a first round pick in 2011
- JR Smith: Former NBA champion with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016 has also played with the New Orleans Hornets, Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks. Tabbed Kia NBA Sixth Man of the Year in 2013
- Reggie Bush: Legendary USC running back and former NFL running back who ran for more than 1,000 yards for the Miami Dolphins in 2011 and crossed the mark again for the Detroit Lions in 2013
- Kyle Korver: NBA All-Star in 2015 with the Atlanta Hawks, the veteran three-point marksman has also spent time with the Philadelphia 76ers, Utah Jazz, Chicago Bulls and most recently the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Josh Scobee: Former NFL kicker played more than a decade with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers
- Adam Thielen: Minnesota State University alumni and current wide receiver for the Minnesota Vikings. First Vikings receiver since Sidney Rice in 2009 to surpass 1,000 receiving yards in a single season
- Rashean Mathis: Former NFL cornerback first drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2003 and also played for the Detroit Lions
- Rodney Harrison: Former NFL player for the San Diego Chargers and New England Patriots. Harrison set and still holds the record for sacks by a defensive back, as well as the first NFL player with 30 sacks and 30 interceptions in NFL history
- Deron Williams: Three-time NBA All-Star who began his career with the Utah Jazz in 2005 and most recently to the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Michael Finley: NBA legend who played a total 15 seasons for teams including Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs (winning an NBA championship with the Spurs in 2007) and Boston Celtics
- Michael Conley: A teammate of the Memphis Grizzlies since drafted as the fourth overall pick in 2007 and recently surpassed Shareef Abdur-Rahim as the third highest-scoring Grizzlies player of all time
*** Participants are subject to change ***
Tickets for “The State Farm Showdown” are available now at Ticketmaster.com and via 1.800.745.3000, along with the Mohegan Sun Box Office, subject to availability. General admission is $20.00 on individual days and $30.00 for a two-day package. There are also “Triple Tee” VIP passes available, starting at $150.00 for guests 21 and over. The VIP passes allow access to exclusive viewing areas as well as unlimited food and open bar at two locations at Mohegan Sun Golf Club. More details can be found at: The State Farm Showdown.
There is no on-site public parking at Mohegan Sun Golf Club for this golf tournament. Guests that purchase tickets will be able to take a free shuttle from Mohegan Sun’s group hotel area at Sky Tower. The shuttle will leave from Mohegan Sun starting at 8:30am on June 27th and 9:30am on June 28th, and returning to Mohegan Sun from the golf course starting at 5:00pm. Per each paying adult, their ticket gives access to up to two people under 17 to join them on the shuttle and experience the golf tournament.
About Turner Sports: Turner Sports, a division of Turner, is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. Turner Sports’ television coverage includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, ELEAGUE and professional golf, along with the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League beginning in Summer 2018. The company also manages some of the most popular sports destinations across digital and social platforms including Bleacher Report and its top-rated app, NCAA.com and the critically-acclaimed NCAA March Madness Live suite of products, PGA.com and the Sports Emmy Award-winning PGA Championship LIVE, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile sites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA jointly manage NBA Digital, a robust collection of offerings including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, the NBA App and NBAGLEAGUE.com. Turner Sports recently launched B/R Live, a premium live streaming sports platform that serves as the central hub for both the discovery and consumption of live sports content. The new streaming service allows fans to find and watch their favorite sports content anywhere, anytime and on the screen of their choice.
About CAA Sports: The five-time recipient of the award for “Best in Talent Representation and Management,” presented by the Sports Business Journal, CAA Sports represents more than 1,700 of the world’s best athletes in such sports as baseball, football, hockey, basketball, soccer, tennis, Olympics and action sports, and golf, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities. Beyond traditional athlete representation, CAA Sports provides unique opportunities for clients off the field, in areas including licensing, endorsements, speaking, philanthropy, books, and video games. CAA Sports also works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, licensing, hospitality, and sports properties for sales/sponsorships, for which the agency won “Best in Property Consulting, Sales, and Client Service” at the 2016 Sports Business Awards. CAA Sports is a division of leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA). CAA represents the most creative and successful artists working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing services to corporate clients.
About State Farm®:
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its nearly 19,000 agents and approximately 65,000 employees serve more than 84 million policies and accounts – more than 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies, and more than 2 million bank accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 36 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit statefarm.com.
About Mohegan Sun: Owned by Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment, Mohegan Sun is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to three unique casinos, 1,600 deluxe hotel rooms, 2 world-class spas, a golf course, over 90 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country. More information is available by calling 1.888.226.7711 or visiting mohegansun.com. Connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram@mohegansun, view us on YouTubeand find us on Snapchat at username MoheganSun.