UNCASVILLE, CT (June 25, 2018) – Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, delivered another incredible record-breaking automotive celebration during its 3rd Annual Northeast Auction, June 20-23, 2018, at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. During the four-day event, 662 vehicles crossed the block with a 99.25 percent sell through rate, selling for more than $24.9 million, while 457 pieces of automobilia brought in over $832,000. ...
New names include Adam Thielen, Rodney Harrison, Michael Finley and more
UNCASVILLE, CT (June 18, 2018) – “The State Farm Showdown,” hosted by Aaron Rodgers and Chris Paul and presented by Turner Sports and CAA Sports, has added more celebrity athletes to the list of current and past NFL and NBA icons pitting against each other for the first-of-its-kind charity golf tournament set to take place at Mohegan Sun Golf Club June 27th & 28th.
An up-to-date confirmed list of players:
- Ray Allen: Former UConn legend and top three-point shooter in NBA history whose career spanned the Milwaukee Bucks, Boston Celtics and Miami Heat. Allen has two NBA championship rings (2008 & 2013)
- Larry Fitzgerald: Longtime Arizona Cardinals receiver, named to 11 Pro Bowls since being drafted third overall in the 2004 NFL Draft out of Pittsburgh. Caught two touchdown passes in Super Bowl XLIII
- Patrick Peterson: A teammate of Fitzgerald on the Cardinals, one of the NFL’s top cover corners. Named to the Pro Bowl in each of his first seven seasons since entering the league as a first round pick in 2011
- JR Smith: Former NBA champion with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016 has also played with the New Orleans Hornets, Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks. Tabbed Kia NBA Sixth Man of the Year in 2013
- Reggie Bush: Legendary USC running back and former NFL running back who ran for more than 1,000 yards for the Miami Dolphins in 2011 and crossed the mark again for the Detroit Lions in 2013
- Kyle Korver: NBA All-Star in 2015 with the Atlanta Hawks, the veteran three-point marksman has also spent time with the Philadelphia 76ers, Utah Jazz, Chicago Bulls and most recently the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Josh Scobee: Former NFL kicker played more than a decade with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers
- Adam Thielen: Minnesota State University alumni and current wide receiver for the Minnesota Vikings. First Vikings receiver since Sidney Rice in 2009 to surpass 1,000 receiving yards in a single season
- Rashean Mathis: Former NFL cornerback first drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2003 and also played for the Detroit Lions
- Rodney Harrison: Former NFL player for the San Diego Chargers and New England Patriots. Harrison set and still holds the record for sacks by a defensive back, as well as the first NFL player with 30 sacks and 30 interceptions in NFL history
- Deron Williams: Three-time NBA All-Star who began his career with the Utah Jazz in 2005 and most recently to the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Michael Finley: NBA legend who played a total 15 seasons for teams including Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs (winning an NBA championship with the Spurs in 2007) and Boston Celtics
- Michael Conley: A teammate of the Memphis Grizzlies since drafted as the fourth overall pick in 2007 and recently surpassed Shareef Abdur-Rahim as the third highest-scoring Grizzlies player of all time
Turner Sports and CAA Sports have partnered to create a two-day charity golf tournament, hosted by NBA superstar Chris Paul and NFL superstar Aaron Rodgers, and set to take place atMohegan Sun Golf Club starting Wednesday, June 27th. “The State Farm Showdown” is open to the public and will feature NBA stars past and present facing off against NFL greats, all to benefit the players’ charities of choice. The action starts at 10:00am ET on June 27th, and 11:00am on June 28th.
Taking place right at dusk on Friday, May 18th, The Young Leaders of United Way of Southeastern CT & Mohegan Sun are teaming up for a special golf competition benefiting important local causes. Mohegan Sun Golf Club, located at 7 Dows Lane in Baltic, CT, will be hosting the “Golfing For Good” event, where teams of four will compete against each other to win overnight hotel stays at Mohegan Sun. The action kicks off at 6:00pm, lasting through 11:00pm and is a 21 and over event! On-hand for the evening will be Munchies Food Truck, a 50/50 raffle, outdoor lawn games and DJae Mêlée spinning records.
Jimmy Fund Golf, the nation’s oldest and largest charity golf program, has announced that Mohegan Sun, one of the most acclaimedentertainment,dining and gaming resorts in the United States, will be the presenting sponsor of its 2017 season. The charity golf program, consists of more than 160 volunteer-run tournaments held across New England and beyond that benefit the Jimmy Fund which supports patient care and cancer research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Career fairs, workshops, The Wall That Heals, a charity concert and so much more – the possibilities are endless at the second annual Vets Rock at Mohegan Sun this Veterans Day. Hosted by Til Duty is Done and Mohegan Sun, the day will feature special services and activities for veterans and their families as well as a benefit concert hosted by Tony Orlando, with performances by Dropkick Murphys, Godsmack and Madison Rising.
The first-ever World Caddie Matches took place on Monday, August 29th, from Mohegan Sun Golf Club in Batlic, CT. In the competitive "Ryder Cup" style match play tournament, in which some of the top US pro caddies took on an International team, the US took home the win, 26 to 7.
Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, will auction a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible (preview) owned by All-Pro tight end Greg Olsen for charity at its inaugural Northeast Auction, June 23-25, 2016, at Mohegan Sun. The car will cross the auction block on June 23rd with 100 percent of the hammer price going to Receptions for Research: The Greg Olsen Foundation benefiting The HEARTest Yard.
The beautiful and scenic Camp Harkness, located on the shores of LongIsland Sound in Waterford, CT, is set to officially open for the summer season on May 20, 2016. The 102- acre property is dedicated to exclusively serving its community’s special needs & disabled citizens and there was plenty of work to be accomplished as they near their busiest time of year. And with that, for the second year straight and with a big help from The United Way of Southeastern Connecticut, over 100 Mohegan Sun & Foxwoods employees teamed up on Tuesday, May 17th to work on everything from painting benches, raking leaves, clearing brush along roads and paths, grounds keeping, weeding, refreshing the handicap accessible garden, beach + playground cleanup, prepping lodging and more!
Celebration includes a life-size gingerbread house, holiday décor, a tree lighting ceremony and charity donations
Mohegan Sun’s World of Holiday Marvels will jump start the season with a Wild Winter Wednesday featuring fireworks, music, treats, a toy drive and Mohegan Sun’s fourth annual tree lighting ceremony on December 3rd.
Wild Winter Wednesday begins at 5:00pm on the rooftop of the Thames Garage. Guests will enjoy holiday favorites from carolers and servings ...